Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Life Changes

In the time since I first started this blog, life had become so busy that I didn't even have time to blog. But, things have changed a bit. In January 2011 my company (whose parent company is in Sweden) decided to pull our corporate office back to Sweden. That means that I was laid off because I am not Swedish and would not likely move to Sweden to work.

Being without a job has been an interesting experience. Since then I almost lost my son in ICU, but he pulled through and is still with us. I'm exhausted because of lack of sleep since that ordeal. Everyone in my family has been sick at one point or another. And other changes have taken place. But still, I find it important to count my blessings and make sure that my focus is on the positive.

Between January and now I have been searching for jobs, but at the same time am feeling blessed for the time that I am able to spend at home with my kids. My "labels" have changed. Instead of being a working Mom, I am currently an at-home Mom who has been going back to school to work toward a degree that will be helpful. (I have one more class to finish to meet my first goal.)

So life changes and we go with the flow. I know what I WANT to do and am excited to find out how things will be turning out.

No comments: